To this end, we:
- Accredit sanctuaries based on worldwide standards of excellence
- Facilitate operational and financial support
- Enhance effectiveness, recognition, and collaboration
Heal a Horse offers a permanent home and medical treatment to neglected and abandoned horses. Thanks to the sanctuary many have had the opportunity to live a full life instead of dying tied to a tree, we do what we learn, someone said; we provide clinics and workshops with top trainers, farriers and vets which help horse keepers give a better and dignified treatment to their horses. When we started 17 years ago people fed pig food to their horses. We had to import it from the continent. Great things happen when we put our hearts into it.
Together we make changes and our biggest with now is to build a proper stable block, as the hones we have are thatched roof huts which we build at the beginning. With the strong winds and rain, they get damaged and fixing them is a never-ending job. Thank you for helping us help those who have no voice.
- October 10, 2017Founder of Rescate Animal in Costa Rica Recipient of Global Award for Sanctuary Excellence
- October 10, 2017Sanctuaries in Florida Still Picking Up Pieces After Hurricane Irma
- September 9, 2017The Donkey Sanctuary of Canada of Ontario, becomes the first equine sanctuary Accredited by the Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries in Canada
- September 9, 2017PrideRock Wildlife Refuge Achieves GFAS Verification Status
- September 9, 2017Four Corners Equine Rescue of New Mexico is Verified by Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries
- September 9, 2017Ranco Uinverso A.C. Heal A Horse Sanctuary of Cozumel, Mexico is Verified by Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries