To this end, we:
- Accredit sanctuaries based on worldwide standards of excellence
- Facilitate operational and financial support
- Enhance effectiveness, recognition, and collaboration
Heal a Horse offers a permanent home and medical treatment to neglected and abandoned horses. Thanks to the sanctuary many have had the opportunity to live a full life instead of dying tied to a tree, we do what we learn, someone said; we provide clinics and workshops with top trainers, farriers and vets which help horse keepers give a better and dignified treatment to their horses. When we started 17 years ago people fed pig food to their horses. We had to import it from the continent. Great things happen when we put our hearts into it.
Together we make changes and our biggest with now is to build a proper stable block, as the hones we have are thatched roof huts which we build at the beginning. With the strong winds and rain, they get damaged and fixing them is a never-ending job. Thank you for helping us help those who have no voice.
- February 2, 2018Project Chimps in Georgia is Accredited by Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries
- January 1, 2018Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge is Accredited by Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries
- January 1, 2018Red Bucket Equine Rescue of Chino Hills, California is Accredited by Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries
- January 1, 2018Mountain Valley Horse Rescue of McCoy, Colorado is Accredited by Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries
- December 12, 2017Freeman Arabian Ranch & Rescue of Meriden, Kansas is Verified by Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries
- December 12, 2017Diamonds In The Rough Equine Rescue of Windsor, Virginia is Verified by Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries